Sunday, February 20, 2011

Diary of Tani 4 - The making of a bollywood saree

Ever since i was a kid, i've always had this thing for fashion designing...as well as interioir decorating, and architecture, and art, and all the creative stuff!  But lately i've been thinking of finally taking the big step and making a saree.  I can't wait to start my new project of making a bollywood saree!  I need to find a very unique way to design this.

Sarees are usually terribly expensive.  Even though it might be cheaper in Bangladesh, i still think they are increasing the prices for the really fancy ones.  Like the wonderful silk, or georgette sarees in which heavy sequencing are done. 

The sarees celebrities wear in the hindi movies, bollywood sarees, are out of the question.  You wouldn't want to look at the price for that.  It is a total rip off. 

Now since i have this plane silk cloth somewhere hiding in my closet, i might as well start adding my designs and filling it up with stones and other sequents.  For less money.

We will start the designing tomorrow, woohoo!  I will add pictures during the process of the making of a bollywood saree!

No comments: