Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The making of a Bollywood Saree - 1

Have you ever had an art teacher?  If so, did your art teacher ever tell you that when you begin to a sketch, nobody will ever be able to tell what the final result will be?   Well, this saree project is a little something like that.  My goal is to make this a gorgeous "bollywood saree" but if you look at it now, everything is coming from scratch.  I have only started and it looks more than simple.

Before buying anything, I've found some old clothes of mine that don't fit me anymore.  A white selwar kamese that is nearly in a torn up condition.  Now that selwar kamsese has like dozens of small white beads and sequence.  SO i have decided to slowly and patiently take them off one by one, collect them, make them into a chain, and then lay it, stitch it on the georgette saree, which is btw, SO DIFFICULT to handle. 



So now I am almost ready to draw a sketch of what exactly i want in this long piece of silky light shaded cloth. 

This is one of my favorite colors and i would like to bring out the blues and greens along with silver. 

Till next time! :)

No comments: